Welcome to Jellyfish Class!
Our Class Teacher is Sam Fallas-Smith and our Learning Support Assistant is Emma Smith.
- Year 1 Curriculum Map 2020 (125KB)
Acorn Gathering and Counting
As a part of our Maths lessons, we completed some outdoor learning. We we went out onto the field and practised counting using natural materials. As a class, we ended up collecting over 700 acorns!
We now use those acorn to help us with our counting inside the classroom.
Year 1 are looking for 2 Parent Reps.
We are looking for two parents that would be willing to represent our class. A Parent Rep’s Jobs include:
- Helping the class teacher with parent involvement in class activities and events.
- Help organise class social activities.
- Welcome new parents.
- Support in class with reading where you can.
- Help with activities such as walks.
- Attend and help with coffee mornings.
- Attend parent forums to discuss school improvement.
If you are interested or want more information please get in touch.
Welcome to Year 1
In order for parents and carers to better understand the expectations and learning taking place in Year 1 this year, we have put together a short presentation. Please watch the following video and feel free to contact your child’s class teacher should you have any further questions.
Arriving Soon – Amazing Learning
Coming soon to this page – all the fantastic learning that takes place here at London Colney Primary and Nursery School!