When you walk into London Colney you will find a place that inspires children to achieve the very best. A place that encourages a mutual respect for all, and the ambition to become an independent, lifelong learner with a passion for success. We have happy, creative children and staff with a thirst for knowledge and the expectation of accomplishment.
‘Developing Life-long Learners and the Perseverance to Succeed’
We aim to:
- Provide a place of welcome, hope and opportunity where children and adults are valued for who they are and everyone is respected, listened to and cared for.
- Challenge prejudice, discrimination and bullying by example and word.
- Equip children for life with a strong set of core values and a broad range of knowledge, skills and experience that enable them to make positive choices and become responsible citizens in society.
- Ensure all children gain essential skills in English and Maths and achieve their potential across the whole curriculum
- Involve staff, pupils, parents/carers and Governors in working for the success of the school and take pride in what we achieve together.
Values are the principles, beliefs and standards that guide our feelings, thinking and behaviour. These values underpin the school curriculum too, informing our sense of our relationships, our society and ourselves.
Our own set of values reflects and shapes our personal view of the world and how we interact with one another. These values are understood and practiced across the world. By thinking about and discussing values we are helping our children to both develop their own views and opinions and respect those of others.
We want to create the climate for a happy and successful school. We believe that positive values should underpin our curriculum and all of school life.
Together as a school, we discussed over 50 different values. We worked in teams with staff, parents and children to decide on the 6 values we felt were the most important for our school.