At London Colney we know that feedback is one of the most powerful influences on learning and achievement. We apply this philosophy not only in our daily teaching and learning but also in our relationships with parents and other stakeholders. We are constantly seeking parent feedback in order to help us know what we are doing well and where we can make improvements. We value parent voice and welcome your opinions and suggestions. One way we do this is through a Parent forum.
What is a Parent forum?
The Parent forum is a separate body supporting our school alongside FOLCS (which focusses on the fundraising and social side of school) and the governing body (which addresses the strategic direction and statutory functions of the school).
Aims of the Parent Forum
A Parent forum is:
· a vehicle for seeking parental views and perspectives on day-to-day school matters
· an opportunity to share the positive work of the school
· a forum for bringing common concerns to the attention of the school’s leadership
· a forum for the leadership of the school to explain why and how some decisions have been made
· a mechanism for improved communication between and across the school community
· an opportunity to gain parent views and expectations on relevant policies and practices
A Parent forum is not:
· A decision making body. It is involved in discussions and consultations, and coming up with recommendations. But it is the governing body that make the decisions and decide the strategic way forward for a school.
· The channel for individual complaints/issues or concerns
· Concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or staff will not be discussed. These should follow normal school procedures. This does not stop parents giving their views on topics being discussed
· A replacement for the governing body or Friends of London Colney(FOLCS)
· A group that will become involved in staffing or financial issues
All parents’ views will be taken into account. You will be able to suggest items for discussion. A week before the half termly meeting, the agenda will be published in the newsletter to allow for comments to be collected, the agenda will also be available on the Parent forum page on the school website. Should you have an item for the agenda, you can share these in the same way.